A national non-profit organization, our mandate includes a commitment to running programs that deliver smart, accessible ideas to audiences across the country.
- We bring visionary and influential artists, writers and thinkers from around the world to audiences across Canada, and pair speakers with Canadian interviewers to create unprecedented encounters.
- Recent speakers include: Wolfgang Tillmans, Maggie Nelson, Aruna D’Souza, Shirin Neshat, Hito Steyerl, Julian Barnes, Ben Lerner, Andrea Fraser and Trevor Paglen.
- Held throughout the year, Issue Launches bring Canadian Art editors and contributors to cities across Canada for free talks and performances themed around each issue.
- The events allow readers to learn from Canadian Art editors and contributors and get an in-depth look at each issue.
- Our annual fundraising dinner, featuring one of the country’s most exciting contemporary art auctions in support of Canadian Art’s vital work. Immerse yourself in a vibrant crowd of artists, gallerists, collectors and patrons for cocktails and dinner.