Canadian Art has a passionate institutional commitment to education and nurturing the next generation.
School Hop Youth Art Program
- School Hop offers much-needed support to public high schools, which lack funding and qualified teachers for art (People for Education report, 2018)
- Help us bring meaningful encounters with art to 875 students from 40-50 high schools each year
- Priority access and outreach is provided to under-served schools
- Through our editorial internships, residencies and Writing Prize award, five gifted young writers and cultural critics gain invaluable early career experience
- Past participants have gone on to write or work for Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, the National Gallery of Canada, MOMUS, e-flux, the Guardian, Hyperallergic, Flash Art, the Huffington Post, and more