An important part of our mandate is to support and mentor artistic talent in Canada, established and new.
- Established in 1999, this national competition is produced in partnership with Canadian Art to support emerging artists and provide vital professional development and mentorship opportunities
- This annual program aims to bridge the gap between Canada’s North and South by creating residency programs across both regions. Canadian Art works with recipients to develop customized residencies that foster connections between artists and communities
- For an artist, the research stage of their practice can be challenging to fund, especially when it entails travel or other cost-prohibitive activities
- Launched in 2018, a $15,000 award is designed to benefit mid-career artists who are embarking on a phase of research
- The inaugural prize was awarded by an independent jury to Tanya Lukin Linklater, an artist based in northern Ontario